Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
The Loan Operations Reporting Director is responsible for the delivery and support for the District’s Loan Operations Reporting needs, including the need for Operational reports/reporting capabilities, Ad Hoc reporting data accessed from Data Warehouse and Data Marts, and Corporate & Regulatory Reports, sourced by data from Loan Accounting systems. They will be responsible for providing Reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) guidance and direction to bank-wide loan operations teams. Working on a multi-year program to deliver a new Lending Systems platform, this requires work collaboratively with other project teams, loan operations teams, BI engineers, key association stakeholders, and senior management. The ideal candidate will have a background in data analysis and reporting in a Banking, Accounting, or Financial environment, be highly analytical, and have the ability to work across functions. The candidate should have advanced SQL, Reporting systems (preferably MicroStrategy), and advanced Excel skills.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual credit risk reports covering the bank’s and the district’s exposures for the bank management and board. The reports monitor the current state of the portfolio vs. limits outlined in the bank’s policies, as well as the portfolio’s inherent risk.
- Responsible for working with the Funding Corp and other system institutions to maintain the Shared Large Credit Report (SLCR) data integrity, including reconciling the Texas district’s loan data to the SLCR Texas amounts and reconciling the loan data for the total System SLCR amounts on loans led by Texas district entities.
- Responsible for the reporting of the district’s share of the shared System exposure to FCA semi-annually. This includes report processing, as well as development and maintenance of the reporting systems used to facilitate this reporting.
- Responsible for FCA’s ad-hoc credit requests.
- Manages quarterly AgFAST reporting for the district associations and annual reporting for the bank’s board.
- Calculates hold limits and updates Credit Division on the new levels that should be applied for approval purposes.
- Assists senior management with ongoing monitoring of the bank’s loan portfolio through periodic reporting of different aspects of the portfolio.
- Coordinates with Finance Division on the district and bank portfolio presentations to rating agencies and the Funding Corp.
- Coordinates with Financial Reporting Department to ensure that credit reporting is consistent with financial reporting.
- Assists with the coordination of the bank’s asset review scheduling and furnishes loan data and software programs to contractors performing association asset reviews. Coordinates the development and maintenance of software applications utilized in the bank’s asset review program.
- Works with Vice President of Risk Management & Credit Operations on the department’s annual budget. Assists with monitoring of actual expenses against the budget throughout the year.
- Presents the most current credit risk report at the monthly ALCO meeting.
- Assists the Vice President of Risk Management & Credit Operations with department processes, new projects and initiatives.
- Deliver upon near-term plans to deliver Operational Reports and Reporting Capabilities, Ad Hoc reporting data accessed from Data Warehouse and Data Marts, and Corporate & Regulatory Reports, sourced from the loan accounting systems.
- Own and enhance the conceptualized long-term Reporting Roadmap; delivering upon the required reports and infrastructure to transition to the future-state.
- Gather and translate stakeholder requirements into reporting deliverables.
- Partner with operational business users to obtain a solid understanding of business processes, including workflow and procedures, to apply in building reports.
- Develop and maintain operational reports, dashboards, automated reports, and ad hoc reports using SQL, MicroStrategy, and other reporting tools.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained by identifying discrepancies and performing root cause analysis to resolve errors.
- Responsible for analytical data needs, handling of complex data requests, reports, internal data cleansing and data reconciliation analyses
- Ability to analyze data, including the use of complex macros and scripts for reporting purposes from multiple sources
- Act as liaison between business areas and IT to determine where data resides in data sources.
- Assist with process improvements, project initiatives or other reporting needs as assigned
- Provide guidance, direction, and training to bank-wide loan Operations users around all aspects of Loan Accounting Reporting. Develop relationships with Associations’ Loan Operations User groups. Work closely with each bank representative to identify the best approach of ensuring success as it relates to change.
- Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of loan system file structures and field uses, general business processes within the loan systems, and a solid knowledge of the past practices and reasons therefore.
- Direct and lead special projects
- Participate in the implementation of new loan or accounting systems for bank and/or association use.
- Provide support and assistance to department and bank staff.
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or information systems or equivalent experience and a minimum of eight (8) or more years of progressively complex accounting, reporting and analytical data experience in a financial, banking, or accounting environment. Knowledge of Commercial Banking, Mortgage Banking, and Capital Markets preferred.
- Ability to proficiently and effectively communicate, both verbally, and documentary. Able to present and speak publicly to systems users and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience.
- Occasional travel will be required. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus ability to organize and coordinate department level functions, analyze processes, develop management controls and draft procedures to accomplish them in an efficient manner are essential.
- Broad knowledge of agriculture, commodities produced in the district, laws, regulations, policies and procedures affecting district lending activities, plus knowledge of the associations’ accounting and reporting are helpful.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of database programs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of the district’s MicroStrategy and data warehouse reporting applications is helpful.
- Proficient in SQL and MicroStrategy or equivalent reporting software. Proficient in MS Excel, including working with pivot tables and formulas.
- Possess functional knowledge of business processes and major areas of loan accounting, loan operations, and cash operations, or the aptitude to acquire that knowledge.
- Experience with Loan IQ or equivalent Loan Accounting software is preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, handle multiple concurrent tasks and learn new business systems quickly.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills, excellent oral and written communications skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, negotiating skills, conflict resolution skills, time management skills, and organizational skills are essential.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. In addition to this position having a very competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
- Relocation funds can be considered
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
Principals only, please.