Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
The Systems Engineering Manager leads a team that is responsible for the overall coordination and control of all server infrastructure in a converged and virtualized environment. The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for architecture, design, implementation, management and troubleshooting. The Systems Engineering Manager will also handle escalation of support tickets from the help desk and other infrastructure teams. The Systems Engineering Manager plans and manages the support of new technologies, defines and negotiates service level agreements and oversees and coordinates the daily activities.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Assigns work and responsibilities for operations and projects; evaluates performance, and mentors staff. Reviews and evaluate the work of assigned staff and prepares periodic performance reports.
- Responsible for all assigned IT services, including their design and operations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of single-source-of-truth inventory in Service Now, such as applications.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation; monitor and enforce team’s maintenance of technical documentation
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures; monitor and enforce team’s adherence to standards and procedures
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the IT roadmap for assigned IT Services and projects, as well as the necessary coordination with involved/affected teams
- Research technology trends and vendor products; testing of new solutions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and implementation of automation to increase operational efficiency and minimize control-related errors
- Responsible for the team’s conformance to controls for assigned areas; any controls related changes require formal QA and CAB approval.
- Development and tracking of budget to support current systems and future roadmap initiatives.
- Status reporting to customers and senior management on problem tracking, projects, product deployments, and roadmaps.
- Participates in the weekly Change Control Board Meeting and is responsible for coordinating communications to customers related to the availability of services and applications.
- Monitor health of all servers and non-Layer 1 and 2 infrastructure components; perform break\fix troubleshooting and periodic preventive maintenance.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance, implement network security consistent with policy and controls
- Enhance security protocols through design, server hardening, and remediation of detected vulnerabilities.
- Manage backup and disaster recovery strategy, perform quarterly testing.
- Participate in network infrastructure design, security, planning and architecture development
- Implements the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Responsible for provisioning/de-provisioning of assigned applications, including the monitoring and enforcement of the appropriate verifications.
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and ten (7) or more years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer with at least five (5) years previous supervisory experience in an IT environment.
Expert level knowledge in at least 3 of the following disciplines and working level knowledge in all of them:
- Design, implementation and support of server virtualization platforms - VMWare and Microsoft Azure
- Design, implementation and support of converged server infrastructure
- Design, implementation and support of SAN administration using Fibre Channel
- Design, implementation and support of Backup\Restore software and methodology
- Design, implementation and support of Microsoft network management solutions such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, and certificate services
- Design, implementation and support of enterprise level electronic communication systems including Exchange, email archiving, message encryption and instant messaging.
- Design, implementation and support of Disaster Recovery strategies and high availability solutions
- Design, implementation and support of Data Loss/Leak Prevention technology
- Security best practices in a Microsoft Windows environment including NTFS permissions, system patching\hardening and anti-malware solutions
- Design, implementation and support of datacenter systems such as environmental controls and cabling standards
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!