Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
Responsible for the providing oversight for programs, consisting of multiple projects being delivered to achieve the overall goals of the program. Responsible for management, administration, and reporting of multiple large and/or complex business systems programs through designated project managers, ensuring consistency with corporate strategy, consistency of process across projects within the programs, and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the delivery of projects, within programs, within the constraints of scope, quality, and time, to specified requirements. Manages high profile programs and projects, which have a significant financial and operational impact on the 10th district’s performance.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and oversight to Project Managers assigned to projects within the program, to include setting and measuring individual and team goals and ensuring that these team goals are consistently met;
- Works closely with sponsor and subject matter experts to determine and document vision, scope, deliverables and key success indicators of assigned business systems projects within the program. Ensures that the baseline scope, cost and schedule for projects within the program are agreed upon and understood.
- Coordinates the development of business requirements. Provides analysis in the design and implementation of new or improved computer systems and programs to achieve business goals. Works with developers and end-user management to define system requirements and specifications.
- Acts as the leader, spokesperson and primary contact for program activities and the program team. Plans, organizes, and conducts program meetings. Resolves conflicts.
- Monitors program performance and manages resource allocation to ensure adherence to project schedules. Manages the workflow of project tasks on assigned projects within the program. Ensures project design, development and implementation phases are completed on time and within budget.
- Develops and maintains program and project status reports with input from team members. Presents progress reports to key stakeholders, including management. Provides project documentation, obtains approval and tracks all changes to project parameters. Maintains project plans and all project documents in a project library.
- Participates in the recruiting process to include screening candidates and conducting interviews.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of personnel assigned to projects within the program; determines staffing and system requirements; assigns and coordinates project tasks among available staff.
- Provides Bank management with the information necessary to make decisions regarding project priorities, to evaluate risks, and to manage resources.
- Keeps management informed of problems or unusual circumstances which may impact computer system users such as sponsor decisions that materially affect scope, cost, schedule and quality. Identifies significant risks to projects.
- Supports the use of consistent project management procedures and tools.
- Supports FCBT and IT strategic activities including long-term program-level roadmap planning, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Data Management, and Business Process Mapping.
- Works with peers to manage strategic business relationships with vendors, partners and associations within and outside the 10th District to enhance the District’s information systems and processes.
- Provides consultation in the selection of appropriate hardware and software platforms.
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience and eight (8) or more years of experience in business analysis, information technology business systems development, and systems integration projects with seven (7) years of experience as a project manager preferably in the banking industry. Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Manager Professional (PgMP) certifications are preferred.
- Specialized knowledge of project management concepts and principles; including scope management, schedule management, cost management, and risk management. Specialized knowledge of the software development lifecycle. Specialized knowledge of project management budget forecasting and financial analysis/ reporting.
- Skill in verbal and written communications. Skill in negotiation and conflict resolution. Skill in time management and managing multiple project deliverables under tight deadlines. Advanced skill level in Microsoft Project. Advanced skill level in Microsoft Project. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio)
- Ability to lead and motivate others. Ability to work on large, complex projects under minimum supervision. Ability to perform project management planning and related activities; management reporting; issues/risk management; and communications. Ability to identify and communicate project requirements. Ability to prepare accurate project budgets. Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!