Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital
markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected
financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
Farm Credit Bank of Texas is seeking a Director to oversee our programs for Data Privacy, with additional responsibility for our Incident Management, Vendor Management and Records Management Programs. This newly created position will lead internal corporate
compliance efforts, manage long-term objectives and facilitate work-streams to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
You will own our program frameworks and proactively manage the programs toward greater maturity. This work will include but is not limited to directing daily operations of the program, developing and implementing policies and procedures, creating and facilitating
risk assessments, monitoring program compliance, investigating, responding to and tracking incidents, performing root cause analysis, coordinating mitigation efforts and promoting compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Initially, this role will
primarily be focused on data privacy initiatives, while also supporting and eventually lending to the maturity of other programs.
This role requires a positive, proactive hands-on manager who is a natural communicator and an individual who can both create the vision and drive day-to-day operational initiatives to achieve program goals. This position will report to the SVP and General
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as an expert resource for the company on applicable state, federal and international privacy laws and Farm Credit Administration requirements for data privacy,
- Create a data privacy risk assessment to identify opportunities for process and control enhancements and develop recommendations to ensure risks are sufficiently mitigated,
- Summarize and communicate to executive management any noted issues, risks, and business impact of controls deficiencies and track remediation to completion,
- Manage and maintain Data Privacy Program documentation,
- Coordinate analysis, response, root cause analysis and mitigation efforts for privacy related incidents,
- Provide oversight and guidance on new projects or changes to existing loan origination and accounting systems or processes that may have an impact on the Data Privacy Program,
- Develop reporting on overall status of the data privacy program to leadership,
- Serve as liaison between the bank and associations, providing guidance on privacy initiatives.
- Coordinate data privacy awareness training and identify potential opportunities to provide clear guidance on the data privacy program and the roles and responsibilities of individual employees.
- Lead implementation of bank records policy, identify bank records, establish retention periods, maintain procedures for records retention and disposal and implement adequate control mechanisms to comply with applicable laws.
- Develop and maintain procedures for the selection and management of critical, key, and standard vendors that provide services for the Bank or for affiliated associations with third party server connections.
- Implement risk assessment, due diligence, contract structuring, and oversight measures relating to third party vendors consistent with FCA guidance and the standards and procedures adopted by bank management.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Create and manage cross-functional program to identify various sources of complaints and incidents and develop system for consistent evaluation and response that meets regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in compliance, data privacy, risk management, corporate policies and procedures and/or auditing.
- Advanced degree (J.D.) and previous legal counsel experience preferred. (Licensed Attorney title will be Associate General Counsel or similar)
- Previous working experience within a publicly traded company or Big 4 accounting firm, or financial services institution is beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of federal privacy and data protection laws and general familiarity with state data breach notification laws and the ability to monitor and interpret changing legislation and industry trends.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and writing skills.
- Experience defining, managing and facilitating compliance programs.
- Knowledge of data privacy processing operations, data handling and storage protocols.
- Proficiency in intentional planning and execution, policy development and maintenance.
- Experience advising on business operations implementation of controls.
- Excellent ability to maintain proper documentation and relevant records.
- Proven facilitation, collaboration, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Proficient knowledge of the privacy aspects of the information life cycle, data handling and asset classification, and knowledge of the role of a privacy professional in ensuring that customer data is properly managed.
- Familiarity with information technology and data security and ability to quickly gain an understanding of systems architecture and organizational structure.
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and related compliance frameworks.
- Familiarity with records management, vendor management and incident management programs.
Name any top 10 list in the country, you will be hard pressed to not find Austin, Texas on it! Austin is one of the “Fastest Growing Cities in the Country”.
The economy in Austin is strong with a lower unemployment rate than both the Texas state or national US average. Forbes consistently names Austin as a “Best City for jobs” Our median home prices are below the US average and Yahoo named Austin #1 “Best city
for high pay and low expenses”. With no state income tax, your dollar goes further to enjoy the outdoors, music, and food.
If you are raising a family in Austin, you can feel confident in our low crime rates and be confident in the variety of education choices for your children including highly rated public, private, charter, higher education, and trade schools. The Austin area
is home to The University of Texas, St. Edwards University, Huston-Tillotson University, Southwestern University, Texas State University and more.
On any given weekend you will find something fun in Austin. Named the “Live music capital of the world” we have a variety of festivals such as South By Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Fest, F1, Austin Film Festival, and Old Pecan Street Festival. There
is also never a shortage of sports entertainment. No matter if you are rooting for our hometown heroes, the Texas Longhorns or the Round Rock Express or the Austin Spurs, we have you covered.
Austin residents are passionate about our pets. Our beautiful Zilker Park will keep you and your four-legged friend active in one of the “Healthiest Cities in the US”.
As the 11th largest city in the country, Austin is big enough to find everything you want while still living up to its slogan, “Keep Austin Weird”.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. In addition to this position having a very competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health
and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews,
and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify
as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
- Relocation funds can be considered
Principals only, please