Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital
markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected
financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
Where we are:
Name any top 10 list in the country, you will be hard pressed to not find Austin, Texas on it! Austin is one of the “Fastest Growing Cities in the Country”.
The economy in Austin is strong with a lower unemployment rate than both the Texas state or national US average. Forbes consistently names Austin as a “Best City for jobs” Our median home prices are below the US average and Yahoo named Austin #1 “Best city
for high pay and low expenses”. With no state income tax, your dollar goes further to enjoy the outdoors, music, and food.
If you are raising a family in Austin, you can feel confident in our low crime rates and be confident in the variety of education choices for your children including highly rated public, private, charter, higher education, and trade schools. The Austin area
is home to The University of Texas, St. Edwards University, Huston-Tillotson University, Southwestern University, Texas State University and more.
On any given weekend you will find something fun in Austin. Named the “Live music capital of the world” we have a variety of festivals such as South By Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Fest, F1, Austin Film Festival, and Old Pecan Street Festival. There
is also never a shortage of sports entertainment. No matter if you are rooting for our hometown heroes, the Texas Longhorns or the Round Rock Express or the Austin Spurs, we have you covered.
Austin residents are passionate about our pets. Our beautiful Zilker Park will keep you and your four-legged friend active in one of the “Healthiest Cities in the US”.
As the 11th largest city in the country, Austin is big enough to find everything you want while still living up to its slogan, “Keep Austin Weird”.
The VP & Treasurer is responsible for managing, directing and providing strategy for the Treasury staff at the Farm Credit Bank of Texas. This position is accountable for the maximum achievement of the bank’s financial goals by generating acceptable levels
of return for agreed-upon levels of market and liquidity risk. Oversees the bank’s activities related to debt issuance, investments, derivatives, transfer pricing and capital issuance. Supports the overall leadership of the bank.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
What You Bring to the Team:
- Primary responsibility for developing the bank’s strategies relative to market risk covering investments, debt issuance, derivatives, and recommending strategies to the Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO).
- Oversees the management of the investments/liquidity portfolio to maximize portfolio returns within approved risk limits, and ensures investment marketability for liquidity management purposes.
- Oversees the overall funding and liquidity risk position of the bank, including assessment daily operating cash needs.
- Oversees debt and derivative issuance to effectively manage profitability, market and liquidity risk.
- Oversees the management of the bank’s transfer pricing function, which includes establishing transfer prices for wholesale and retail loans as well as investments and capital markets loan participations/syndications.
- Communicates changes in loan pricing methodology to ALCO, internal lending units and affiliated associations.
- Monitors monetary policy and interest rate movements to proactively manage the bank’s net interest margin, interest rate risk profile and recommends appropriate strategies to meet ALCO objectives.
- Develop the bank’s three year financial plan and capital plan including monitoring actual financial performance to plans.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the effective management and transparency of the Treasury function. Establishes, maintains and monitors the effectiveness of operating controls to assure compliance with internal policies, regulations
and support of a strong internal control over financial reporting environment.
- Develops and cultivates effective working relationships with representatives from the bank’s customer groups, including Associations, Funding Corporation, the Farm Credit Administration, peer Farm Credit System institutions and investment banks.
- Develops the bank’s net interest income forecasts, analyzes and evaluates performance variations, and provides strategies and explanations to the CFO and ALCO.
- Reviews the bank’s the Bank’s net interest margin performance and discussed strategies with the ALCO and Board of Directors.
- Works with investment banks in the issuance of preferred stock and prepares the bank’s capital plan.
- Provides strong leadership to staff including establishing performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities.
- Plans staffing needs, structures positions, hires, supervises, evaluates, and counsels with staff. Assures proper training and development of functional staff.
- Active participant in the Farm Credit System’s Treasurer Work Group.
- Member of the bank’s senior leadership advisory team.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the Treasury function in a variety of meetings.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
- Master’s degree in business administration, with an emphasis in finance or other relevant discipline and/or CFA designation.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressive experience in bank treasury; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency of market risk in the macroeconomics, fixed income theory and portfolio management preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in vendor tools including QRM interest rate risk software.
- Ability to effectively exercise substantial judgment in a highly complex field within broad strategic and operational guidelines.
- Strong management and solutions-based problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated decision making abilities, and proven credibility in influencing and working effectively with business unit management, senior officers and executives.
- Excellent leadership, people management and organizational development skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate in a team-oriented and collaborative work environment, and promote, foster and build a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build successful relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. In addition to this position having a very competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health
and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews,
and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify
as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
- Relocation funds can be considered
Principals only, please.