Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital
markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected
financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
Provides leadership and assistance to the commercial credit team to explore both traditional and non-traditional business opportunities for the bank and associations. The incumbent will be responsible for portfolio development including loan originations and
loan participations, which will require extensive business development efforts. Responsible for the servicing and/or monitoring of loan portfolios with assets of $1B or higher.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
What You Bring to the Team:
- Development of loan participation and correspondent banking relationship with commercial and agency lenders.
- Credit administration, financial analysis, monitoring and due diligence review of various financial participation packages and loan originations with agency and non-agency lenders.
- Assist in the development and closing of eligible loans by assisting the district associations with analysis and negotiation of such credits.
- Educating and training of association personnel in the various facets of commercial and correspondent banking relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, business administration or other related business field with advanced training, certification or degree preferred. A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in all facets of lending including, but not limited to,
the marketing, extension, administration and analysis of commercial credit. Experience and knowledge in the analysis of complex credits as well as negotiating expertise in dealing with commercial type loans is required. The position will require strong marketing
skills and experience in order to successfully develop business relationships with correspondent commercial banks, insurance companies, mortgage bankers, financial and mortgage brokers and other Farm Credit institutions. The candidate should have experience
in working with financial institutions in structuring and evaluating various loan participations and credit relationships, as well as syndication.
Position requires skills and knowledge in credit administration, loan syndication, financial analysis and accounting standards, credit policies and procedures, as well as program and product development. Excellent interpersonal, public speaking and communication
skills are required along with a thorough knowledge of sound business practices in the areas of mortgage and commercial lending, including credit and accounting standards, real estate appraisal, product and service marketing techniques and programs. The candidate
should have transactions and where required, hold the appropriate license or certification to accomplish the task. The position will require excellent time management skills with travel up to 50 percent.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews,
and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify
as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program