Who we are:
We are a $24 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital
markets. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans. If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected
financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
This position interacts with the appropriate business functions, end-users, business process teams, IT teams and consultants and will work collaboratively with the enterprise to ensure that the various business system implementations are aligned with the business
needs of the Texas Farm Credit District Institutions. Understands the business strategy of the group and works with stakeholders to define business requirements. Builds strategic relationships with stakeholders to achieve the goals set forth for lending
systems and related projects. Conducts business interviews at all levels to determine functional requirements and to determine where gaps exist between current and desired states.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of Business System Director and VP/Unit Manager of Business Systems & Credit Operations.
- Will serve as a subject matter expert and perform user acceptance testing as required.
- Collaborate with developers and other subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assist other bank personnel in completing coordinated projects as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, including courses in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience and a minimum five (5) years’ experience and knowledge in the areas of business application delivery, systems
development, system integration projects, and analysis of commercial credit. Experience with training and coaching others is required.
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
- This position requires skill and knowledge in credit underwriting, loan administration, financial analysis, the use of various loan analysis software programs, accounting standards, credit policies, and procedures in the normal daily course of loan servicing
and monitoring of loan compliance.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, public speaking and communication skills are required.
- A thorough knowledge of financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis, collateral analysis and payment performance in the areas of mortgage and commercial lending is needed.
- This position requires excellent time management skills.
- Travel required, up to 25 percent.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications, and direct experience with credit analysis and loan accounting software and the ability to evaluate, utilize and implement new software applications, organize data, department records, and develop complex
spreadsheets is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with associations, consultants and other external parties, and all levels of bank staff and district associations, are essential for the success of this position.
- Presentation skills, project management and conflict resolution skills with the ability to work independently and complete tasks on a timely basis in an unstructured environment are highly desired.
- Strong problem-solving including problem identification, fact-finding, research, analysis, and solution development are necessary.
- Ability to analyze and communicate a broad range of business user needs, priorities, and problems when determining requirements, evaluating, and testing solutions are required.
Benefits are an integral part the Farm Credit Bank of Texas total compensation package. We offer comprehensive, affordable and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews,
and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify
as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more…
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services or events
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Farm Credit Bank of Texas is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation in the application process.