If you are looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions, Farm Credit Bank of Texas may be a great fit for you. Headquartered in Austin, Texas we are a $23.5 billion wholesale bank that provides funding
and services to affiliated lending cooperatives in a five-state region of the nationwide Farm Credit System. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us meet the ever-changing credit needs of agriculture and rural America.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Position is responsible for the coordination and execution of corporate meetings and events on behalf of the organization. Primary contact for bank’s annual meeting, district conferences, business planning sessions, and bank-hosted System events. Position
also supports and contributes to overall public, customer and employee relations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Plan and coordinate corporate events, including site selection, menus, receptions, room blocks, registration, speakers, entertainment, meeting room space/setup, audio/video needs, billing, reporting, etc.
- Advance travel to evaluate potential meeting site locations and space logistics.
- Develop professional relationships with hotel and conference center properties/venues.
- Liaison with venue personnel to identify and solve problems during meetings; develop contingency plans as needed.
- Coordinate and lead bank resources as needed to help support events.
- Maintain a comprehensive file and resources for potential speakers.
- Negotiate services with outside vendors, review and sign contracts on behalf of organization.
- Interact with executive management, board of directors and bank/association personnel to coordinate program agendas/content.
- Prepare and manage cost center budget.
Formal education or related business experience in corporate event planning, hotel management or equivalent and five (5) or more years of experience leading meeting and event planning for a medium-to-large scale corporation. Certified Meeting Professional
(CMP) designation preferred.
Possess exceptional negotiating and human relation skills. Must be well-organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented. Some overnight and weekend travel required. Will need to project a professional image to board of directors, bank staff and hotel properties.
Ability to develop and manage annual operating budget; and develop policies and procedures to effectively manage area of responsibility. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to manage large events and direct all aspects of the
project from start to finish.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and
emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates
with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case!
Farm Credit Bank of Texas is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation in the application process.