Senior Systems Engineer
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions – Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
We’re a $23.1 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital
Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Systems Engineer is part of a team that is responsible for the overall coordination, control, monitoring and support of all server and client enterprise services. Responsibilities include support for existing systems and services as well as providing
direction in areas of expertise toward the mission of maintaining reliable and effective technology for our customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Respond to customer requests and resolve all reported customer issues in a timely manner by monitoring the case ticketing system.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance, updates and upgrades to software/hardware
- Mitigate all security vulnerabilities as they are discovered or reported.
- Disaster Recovery\High Availability strategy and implementation.
- Implement and maintain network security according to published policy and controls.
- Provide third-tier support and training for Customer Support technicians and other IT staff.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Research and test software/hardware for compatibility with existing or planned systems.
- Utilize effective communication skills to cross-train other IT staff members, and support internal\external customer needs.
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert for projects and services as assigned.Subject Matter Expert responsibilities may include design, installation, troubleshooting, needs assessment, solution development, work with other IT teams, reporting and technical documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree, Industry certifications, or equivalent experience and seven (7) or more years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer
Expert level knowledge in at least five of the following disciplines:
- Design, implementation and support of server virtualization platforms – (VMWare and Microsoft Azure)
- Design, implementation and support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Design, implementation and support of converged server infrastructure (Cisco UCS)
- Design, implementation and support of SAN administration using Fibre Channel
- Design, implementation and support of Backup\Restore software and methodology
- Design, implementation and support of Microsoft network management solutions such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, and certificate services
- Design, implementation and support of enterprise level electronic communication systems including Exchange, Office 365, email archiving, message encryption and instant messaging.
- Design, implementation and support of Disaster Recovery strategies and high availability solutions
- Design, implementation and support of Data Loss/Leak Prevention technology
- Design, implementation and support of endpoint management including monitoring, alerting, patching, application deployments, imaging, and encryption.
Farm Credit Bank of Texas is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation in the application process.