Senior Credit Analyst
If you are looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions, Farm Credit Bank of Texas may be a great fit for you. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are a $23 billion wholesale bank that provides funding and services
to affiliated lending cooperatives in a five- state region of the nationwide Farm Credit System. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us meet the ever-changing credit needs of agriculture and rural America.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The primary scope of this position is to complete all underwriting and servicing of a loan portfolio within the Agribusiness Lending Team. This person will take a lead role in managing client relationships as assigned, and will be responsible for developing
and maintaining relationships with commercial and farm credit lenders. The position will also require the individual to develop industry and peer group analysis, portfolio analysis, and other special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform financial analysis, credit administration, monitoring and due diligence review of various financial participation packages and loan origination with district associations and commercial agency lenders.
- Present loan participation packages in loan committee.
- Manage and supervise client relationships as assigned.
- Monitor client and client industry for potential changes which may affect business performance
- Acts upon association prior approval loans and loan servicing actions within personal delegated authority and prepares recommendations for loan committee on loans exceeding such delegated authority.
- Assist in the development and closing of complex loans.
- Assist other bank personnel in completing coordinated projects as assigned.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or related field or commensurate experience. A minimum of ten (10) or more years’ experience in all facets of lending, including the marketing, extension, administration and analysis
of commercial credit is preferred. Experience and knowledge in the analysis of complex credits, as well as negotiating and dealing with commercial loans and experience in working with financial institutions in structuring and evaluating various loan participations,
credit relationships, and analysis of direct loans is preferred.
This position requires skill and knowledge in credit administration, financial analysis, accounting standards, credit policies, and procedures. Excellent computer, interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills are required. A thorough knowledge
of financial statement analysis, forecasting analysis, cash flow analysis, collateral analysis and payment performance in the area of commercial lending is required. Incumbent must be knowledgeable on credit and accounting standards. Must be able to accurately
identify, measure, and manage risk in commercial loans and loan portfolios. This position will require time management skills with travel up to 25 percent. A high level of independence is expected.