Vice President of Marketing and Communications
If you are looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions, Farm Credit Bank of Texas may be a great fit for you. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are a $23 billion wholesale bank that provides funding and services
to affiliated lending cooperatives in a five- state region of the nationwide Farm Credit System. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us meet the ever-changing credit needs of agriculture and rural America.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for leading the corporate communications department by aligning resources with strategic objectives to plan, develop and execute a broad array of activities for both the bank and its affiliated lending cooperatives. Manages multiple client relationships,
project teams, freelancers and vendor relationships. Accountable for department budgeting and staffing. Represents the bank in communications with external audiences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides overall direction and management of a department with responsibility for production of corporate publications, social and traditional media, sponsorships, advertising and marketing, and multiple corporate websites.
- Represents the bank with external audiences through corporate sponsorships, media relations, community engagement, etc.
- Periodic presentations and reporting to the board of directors and executive management.
- Personnel management, development, training and performance appraisals.
- Develops and manages an operating budget to effectively carry out department objectives.
- Develops and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- Manages multiple outside vendor relationships. Negotiates and signs contracts.
- Provides marketing research and consultative services to affiliated lending cooperatives.
- Organizes and leads annual marketing and communications workshop.
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field and ten (10) or more years of related experience. Experience must include five (5) years or more years of management experience within a corporate communications department,
PR agency or similar. Agriculture and Farm Credit background a plus.
Position requires skills and knowledge of organizing, planning, delegating and managing to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Requires personnel management, customer relations and leadership skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects,
think strategically as well as operationally; and the ability to innovate, design and implement creative solutions. Position requires expertise in website development, social media and print publications, with attention to detail and high standards. Ability
to develop and manage annual operating budget, manage projects, timelines, resources and expectations. Must be able to communicate effectively to different types of audiences including board of directors, senior executives, clients, vendors, colleagues and
the general public.