Vice President of IT Compliance
If you are looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions, Farm Credit Bank of Texas may be a great fit for you. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are a $23 billion wholesale bank that provides funding and services
to affiliated lending cooperatives in a five- state region of the nationwide Farm Credit System. Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us meet the ever-changing credit needs of agriculture and rural America.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for working with Information Technology management to develop and maintain Information Technology General Computer (ITGC) controls, policies and procedures. This position will liaison with internal audit and the SOX Compliance department to coordinate
compliance testing, remediation and monitoring
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Supervise IT Compliance Analysts.
- Design assessment of relevant ITGCs – identify and define ITGCs for the in scope systems and applications that address the in scope objectives
- Maintain a listing of key ITGCs on behalf of IT.
- Coordinate updates to IT process narratives for ITGCs as need
- Assess that the ITGCs identified are designed to effectively address all in scope systems and application objectives
- Assist IT in addressing identified design gaps, including both short term mitigation and long term control enhancement.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to improve the effectiveness of ITGCs. Assist with the implementation of the process improvements, and the related compliance impact
- Report to the controls committee on design assessments (walkthroughs), potential design issues, mitigation strategies, and process improvements
- Assess operating effectiveness of relevant ITGCs – evaluate the consistent operation of ITGCs for purposes of remaining compliant with company policies and reducing exceptions to a low level
- Implement monitoring strategy to assess operating effectiveness of key ITGCs.
- Identify and assess potential exceptions for impact on ICFR and SOC 2. Determine mitigation strategyto address risks where possible
- Evaluate root cause of potential exceptions for input to the process improvement.
- Report to the controls committee on monitoring activities, potential exceptions, mitigation strategies and process improvements.
- Maintain in scope systems listing, including identification of underlying infrastructure (servers, databases, key tools) that relate to an in scope application
- Lead IT in preparation for anticipated / long term changes to systems in scope by performing readiness assessments as appropriate.
- Work with IT department in planning and executing risk assessment and controls evaluation for existing and new systems.
- Maintain documentation on compliance risk assessments.
- Capture the key processes from various IT functions and develop the IT control infrastructure in line with best practice.
- Assist IT functional teams with the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of control processes, documentation and compliance routines.
- Monitor program compliance and create metrics to show management improvements gained and gaps to be addressed.
- Interface with external vendors and consultants as required in the area of compliance
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, information technology or related field with ten (10) or more years’ of related work experience in leading regulatory compliance programs including SOX-404,SAS70/SSAE16/SOC.
Extensive experience in developing and documenting key processes and creating IT Controls based on common frameworks. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification preferred. Experience managing
a team of compliance analyst.
Strong knowledge of Information Technology (IT) compliance methodology and common frameworks such as Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) or the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations’(COSO), as they relate the Financial Service
Industry and other audit and compliance requirements. Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills, excellent oral and written communications skills, analytical skills, problem solving and organizational skills are essential. Knowledge of and ability to
interpret and communicate compliance laws, regulations and requirements. Must be able to supervise others and maintain a satisfactory working relationship with co-workers.
Farm Credit Bank of Texas is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation in the application process.