If you’re looking for a rewarding career with one of the nation’s most respected financial institutions –Farm Credit Bank of Texas (FCBT) may be a great fit for you.
We’re a $23.1 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for nearly 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending cooperatives in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital
Join the Farm Credit Bank of Texas team and help us grow to meet the ever-changing credit needs of food and fiber producers, the agribusiness sector, and rural Americans.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for supporting management with the Bank’s compliance program for internal controls under the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act with a concentration in the information technology area. Works with process and control owners across the Bank to assist with
documentation of systems, processes, risks and internal controls over financial reporting and disclosures. Responsible for working with management and process owners to ensure that a program is in place to address controls around reports and spreadsheets
that support internal controls over financial reporting.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Assist with SOX scoping risk assessment: identify and document significant accounts, processes and systems/applications.
- Coordinate and assist with updates to SOX documentation: system flows, process narratives, risk/control matrices; mapping of controls to financial statement assertions and evaluation of key versus non-key control coverage; mapping of controls to COSO framework;
key reports inventory.
- Assist in the identification of new controls related to system implementation projects and coordinate readiness controls reviews with Internal Audit to the extent there is an impact on internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assess the impact of third party vendors on the bank’s SOX assessment.
- Support walkthrough activities of external auditors and management assessment testers.
- Supports the maintenance of financial and IT General controls that support SOX activities (process controls, entity level controls and related automated controls, key reports and spreadsheets, General IT Controls).
- Maintain a good understanding of the IT systems supporting the entity and process level controls to leverage automated controls where applicable.
- Maintain a dashboard of control deficiencies and remediation efforts, expected completion dates, etc.
- Assist management in gathering information requests for operating effectiveness testing of key controls.
- Work with management to ensure appropriate controls are in place to support the organizations efforts to comply with the requirements of sections 302 and 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and third party assurance (TPA) reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in public accounting, internal audit or related business experience with specific experience in information technology compliance or controls
experience related to SOX and SOC2 activities. CPA, CISA, CIA or similar certification required.
Must possess knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), PCAOB, SOC 2, ethics and compliance best practices. Must have the ability to articulate the need for appropriate controls. Must possess strong project management, communications and interpersonal skills.
Must be a self-starter and willing to learn new things.